mercredi 25 mars 2009

poison sur le coeur

I stumbled out of bed, I got ready for the struggle, I smoked a cigarette
and I tightened up my gut.
I said this can't be me,must be my double. And I can't forget, I can't forget, I can't forget but I don't remember what.
I'm burning up the road,
I'm heading down to Phoenix, I got this old address of someone that I knew. It was high and fine and free, ah, you should have seen us ! And I can't forget, I can't forget, I can't forget but I don't remember who.
I'll be there today, with a big bouquet of cactus. I got this rig that runs on memories, and I promise, cross my heart, they'll never catch us. But if they do, just tell them it was me.
Yeah I loved you all my life and that's how I want to end it. The summer's almost gone, the winter's tuning up. Yeah, the summer's gone, but a lot goes on forever. And I can't forget, I can't forget I can't forget but I don't remember what.

[Leonard Cohen - I can't forget]

Aucun commentaire: